Hi loves! I know! I know! It has been ages! I hope you have all been well. I have missed all of you, blogging, posting and just sharing with you guys. I am currently buried in piles of books doing research for my term papers while studying for my finals. What have you been up to? Is it me or is time really flying? The 1st Quarter of 2017 is almost over, yet we were celebrating New Year’s Eve just the other day! If that doesn’t push you to go for what you set out to do this year, I don’t know what will.
As the title suggests, I would like to catch up with you guys through a taking stock post, so grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Drinking: Copious amounts of lemon water to hydrate in the Nairobi heat. Oh! And some wine for the win!
Reading: I committed to reading two books a month. Where do I get the time you ask? Transit. 🙂
- The Pact by Jodi Piccoult courtesy of my friend. It is a really compelling read about a suicide pact made by a teenage couple.
- The Reluctant Duke by Christine Donovan: A historical romance novel revolving around the Duke of Wentworth and his acquisition of new wealth and new responsibilities.
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne: A self-help book on the power of the mind and the Law of Attraction.
- Marrying the Mistress by Joanna Trollope: About a judge who has been married for 40 years whilst secretly having an affair for 7 years. He decides to finally tell his family but is completely oblivious to the storm that is to follow.
- The Devil Wears Prada: I was pretty late for this bandwagon, huh? Most of the people I know watched the movie when it was released.
- Man and Wife by Tony Parsons: Focuses on a man who is coming to terms with a divorce, a new marriage and what her terms as a mixed family. It wasn’t what I had anticipated for but I completed it.
Making: Plans to do a 21 Days of Kindness Challenge, leading to my 21st birthday on 10th April.
Cooking: Haven’t cooked in about a fortnight, but I will probably make some jollof this weekend.
Wanting: To get my nails done.
Deciding: To be consistent here on the blog because I purchased my own camera and can therefore create content in good time. Btw, did you know that if you purchase a DLSR camera at the Nikon shop at TRM, you get free access to Nikon Photography School? How cool is that?
Wishing: That I had the ability to heal.
Enjoying: Life as it comes and living my best life everyday. I have learnt that worrying does not really change situations, if anything, it makes you anxious.
Loving: The Frontera Carbanet Sauvignon wine.
Needing: To organize a fundraiser to cover an outstanding hospital bill for someone really close to me.
Wearing: Jeans, a plain white tee and ngomas.
Opening: Up to new experiences and adventure this year.
Closing: The door for any negative energy trying to creep back into my life.
Feeling: Extremely grateful, blessed and happy!
Playing: A random playlist compiled by YouTube, based on what I normally listen to.
Wondering: What to do with my hair.
Smelling: The Oriflame Happy Skin nourishing milk I used this morning. It smells divine.
Following: The following blogs and YouTube channels lately;
- Whispery Wind – An amazing food and travel blog run by Wamuyu Thoita. She also has a great vlog channel.
- The Chic Natural – She is a hair, fashion, food and lifestyle content creator. A lot like Patricia Bright.
- Bahati Nzuri – A Kenyan content creator based in Atlanta.
Laughing: About a comment a friend made about joining the women’s guild in church together. 😀
As always, I appreciate all the feedback, comments and messages that you send me!
Do have a relaxing weekend loves! 🙂