Hey loves! I hope you are all enjoying what is probably the longest bank holiday weekend of the year. I am spending my Easter eating (as per usual), studying, catching up with friends & family and most importantly, recharging. I believe that it is quite easy to get carried away in the hustle and bustle of life and forget to evaluate your life, your character and your environment. So every once in a while, I like to set some time aside to just unwind, re-evlauate and recharge. Anyway, we will leave that conversaton for another post.
Today, I’d like to share an Oreo pancake recipe I fixed up last weekend. I kid you not when I say that this is by far one of my best and favourite recipes yet! I am even drolling by simply recollecting the bursting flavors! And as you may all be accustomed to by now, it is pretty simple to make with readily available ingredients.
Feel free to try it out and share photos of the result with me. As per usual, I am so grateful for all your support and kindness! 🙂
2 cups Home Baking/All-Purpose Flour
2 tbsps Cocoa Powder/Drinking Chocolate
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 tbsps Granulated Sugar
Pinch of Salt
2tbsps Melted Butter/Margarine
12 Oreos, Crushed
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Milk
Did you Know?: The thinner your batter, the thinner your pancakes and vice versa? When your batter is too thin, you will end up with crêpes as opposed to actual pancakes.
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add in the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter then whisk together. Don’t whisk too much as you will need the batter to be thick.
- Add the crushed Oreos, leaving some for the filling and for garnishing.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add cooking oil.
- Use a sizeable amount of batter, depending on the desired size. I wanted medium sized pancakes so I used about a quarter cup of batter.
- Once there are bubbles on the top and the bottom has browned and is crisp, flip the pancake until the other side also browns and is crisp.
- Repeat the steps until all pancakes are done.
- For the Filling: I used melted vanilla ice-cream topped with crushed Oreos then repeated the steps. You can also use whipped cream. I added a few chopped strawberries to garnish and ta-da!
- Serve hot with a cold glass of milk or fresh juice.
Happy Easter loves! God bless you all always and in all ways! 🙂