Happy Sunday Loves! How have you all been? I finished my exams a week ago, hence the lack of a post during the past week. Also, we had our general elections on Tuesday and it is my prayer that the new government-elect delivers as promised in order for us to build a better country.
I am very grateful for the brief break we got off work because I took the chance to simply rest and pamper myself. Part of the pampering involved preparing different meals from the usual (ile specio), hence how I ended up making this Cheesy Potato Soup for my mom and I. I was honestly winging it with this recipe, so I was very surprised when it turned out as bomb as it did! It is like a healthier version of loaded fries because of the cheese, but in a less solid form. The soup is also quite thick and filling, so it could either be eaten as is or with buns. I intend on adding it to my meal staples for when I’m too lazy to meal prep for the week. Do let me know how you like it if you try it out! 🙂
4 Large Potatoes, Peeled and Chopped
1/2 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
2 Red Onions, Chopped
1/4 Tsp Garlic, Minced
500ml Chicken Stock
1/4 Cup Milk
Brawn or Sausages, Chopped
Olive Oil or Butter
- Melt the butter and fry your onions until translucent, then add your garlic.
- Add your potatoes, chicken stock and salt. Leave to boil on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. I used 1/2 a packet of the Kent Boringer Chicken Soup and 500ml of water to form my stock.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, blend to your preferred consistency. Alternatively, you can simply mash your potatoes.
- Pour the mixture back to your cooking pot, add milk and bring to boil on medium-low heat. As you do this, add in the cheese in small bits and stir in order for the cheese to melt and incorporate smoothly into the soup.
- Add the brawn or sausages. I used chicken brawn to add to the chicken flavor from the stock.
- Garnish with chopped brawn and grated cheese and serve hot with your pastry of choice.
I wish you all a peaceful and productive week ahead loves! 🙂
Blessings on Blessings!