Happy Monday Loves! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as I did! I had a few friends over and we caught up over some cinnamon roll-ups. If you are a sweet tooth like I am, this is definitely a must try! It is your classic Cinnamon French Toast with a twist and is a great alternative to baked cinnamon rolls. I hope you do try it out and enjoy! 🙂
7 Slices of Bread
For the Filling
2 Tbsp Margarine/Butter
1 & 1/2 Tsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
For the Coating
2 Tbsp Milk
1/2 Tsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Cut off the crusts from the bread slices and set aside. You can use them to make homemade breadcrumbs by drying and crushing them.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread then apply your margarine.
- Make a cinnamon & sugar mixture for the the filling and sprinkle evenly on the flattened bread then roll it. Alternatively, you can use chocolate chips or strawberries if you do not like cinnamon.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, sugar & vanilla essence to form the coating.
- Dip the rolls into the mixture and coat evenly, then fry them on medium-low heat to avoid burning them. Ensure that all sides are well toasted.
- Set aside and garnish with maple syrup and powdered or cinnamon sugar.
- Serve hot with a glass of chilled milk or hot coffee.
I wish you all an amazing last week of August, 2017!
Blessings on Blessings!