Hello Loves! How is your week going so far? I hope you enjoyed your mid-week inauguration holiday on Tuesday. I have been spending quality time with my books lately cause my finals are just around the corner, by the corner I mean early next week. Are you participating in the 7 Days of Kindness Challenge yet? If not, today is a good a time as any to do so! 🙂
I did a poll on my Instagram last week asking you guys the type of recipes you prefer, and most of you chose healthy recipes. So expect more of those in the next couple of posts. Also, I am very active on there so you can follow me if you haven’t already, just so you can keep up with what I am up to and you can participate in my blog related polls. 🙂
I decided to go back to the gym earlier this month for the first time in about 3 years. I normally have trained sessions an hour a day, 3-4 times a week and I honestly could not be more glad to be back! 🙂
Since I go to the gym in the morning, I have been experimenting with different breakfast and brunch options to avoid any monotony in my diet cause, what’s the fun in that? That is how I actually ended up experimenting with this egg-in-a-hole recipe that turned out so great, I had to share it with you guys. It is really quick and easy to make and it only requires a few ingredients which you probably have at your disposal. Do try it out and enjoy! 🙂
1 Large Bell Pepper (I used Red)
Slice of Brawn or Ham
Handful of Grated Cheese
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Wash and chop your pepper into slightly thick slices. Ensure that you clear the center so your egg can have enough space to sit in. Alternatively, you can use a slice of bread. However, I still recommend the pepper cause it has such a rich flavor.
- Dice your ham or brawn. You can use left-over steak or chicken.
- Fry both sides of the bell pepper over medium heat.
- Beat your egg into the center of the fried pepper, pouring slowly to avoid spilling outside the center. If it spills, don’t worry, it will taste amazing either way! 😉
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle a handful of the chopped brawn and grated cheese if you have some.
- Once the bottom is well cooked, flip the egg and cook the top on low heat.
- Serve hot with accompaniment of choice. I placed mine on a bed of lettuce and had it with toast.
Thank you loves for constantly reading my posts and sharing your feedback. May the rest of your week be as amazing as you are! 🙂