Happy Hump Day loves! This year has had the most public holidays and I am not even complaining. I hope you enjoyed your Jamhuri holiday yesterday!
I was craving an amazing steak with some good old potato wedges and plenty of ketchup. Here is the steak recipe that took about 20-30 minutes to prepare. You can find the recipe for the potato wedges in the meal prep ideas post that I shared earlier this year. I hope you try it out and enjoy! Also, keep sending and tagging me in the photos of the recipes that you have recreated. 🙂
- Parboil the steak in salty water. Add the crushed garlic so that the flavor infuses into the steak. Parboiling is an important step if you like your meat well cooked like I do. It also reduces the time spent frying the steak since it has already cooked through.
- Drain and season both sides of the steak with paprika and salt. You can also rub in some crushed garlic for extra flavor.
- Sprinkle a dash of vinegar or lemon juice on both sides of the steak.
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil on a pan.
- Fry the steak on medium heat until slightly charred then flip to cook the other side.
- Serve hot with potato wedges or any other accompaniment of your choice.
P.S: Please pardon the blurry photos. I forgot to change the setting from self-portrait and noticed when it was too late to rectify. (Hides face)
Enjoy the rest of your week loves! 🙂