Happy New Year to all of you beautiful people! Did you enjoy the holiday season as much as I did? What are you excited for about 2019? 🙂
I normally start my new year with a whole list of goals but I decided to switch it up a little this year. Mainly because 2019 isn’t a “new year, new me” kind of year, it’s more of a sequel. This is because we all formed certain habits, started projects and gained wisdom that we simply can’t leave behind in 2018. This is the year of consistency, “new year, same me!” Do you have the same sentiments as I do? Let me know. 🙂
Sheila & I went live on her Instagram yesterday and we shared a few lessons learnt from 2018 & the habits we are carrying forward into 2019. Here is a recap of what we talked about. Do enjoy! 🙂
Lessons Learnt from 2018
- Be content with where you are. Happiness is an everyday thing and not a destination, so be happy and content with who you are and where you’re at, as imperfect as it may be, even as you work on yourself.
- Find relief in walking away from things that are not for you and leaving spaces that do not value you. I learnt this from a blog post shared by Dama. (Hey girlie!)
- Live in the moment and do things right now when you still can. Stop putting off things for tomorrow because it may never come.
- It’s okay to change, so embrace it and be unapologetic about it. Do not feel guilty for outgrowing your old self.
- Free yourself of the burden of proving that you are enough when you already are.
Habits to Carry into 2019 & Do Consistently
- Working out. Not only does it make you feel good but you also look good 🙂
- Drinking copious amounts of water and thank yourself for it later.
- Writing down your thoughts & feelings. It helps you be in-tune with your being.
- Constantly taking time to pause and ask yourself “what do I need in this moment?” (Also learnt this from Dama’s blog)
- Having conversations with yourself and being honest with yourself.
- Being a faithful member of mind your business ministries. We really do not have time to be poking our noses in other people’s businesses in 2019, focus on your lane sis!
- No is a complete answer, use it. We no longer have time to over-explain ourselves this year.
- Protect your peace at all costs, only do things and be in environments that bring you peace.
What are some of the lessons you learnt from 2018 and what habits are you carrying forward into 2019? Wishing you all a great year loves, may it be your year of more! 🙂