Happy new month loves! I know, I know, it’s already halfway through the month and I’m super late to join the bandwagon, but here I am. How was October for you? How’s November been so far? Your girl has been living and I’m super grateful for this season. I also started a new job this week so your girl is out here trying to make and save these coins. 🙂
A couple of friends and I took a road trip to Athi River over the weekend and spent the night at Small World Country Club by Kahama Hotel. Guys, this place is so pretty! It has coastal vibes despite it not being in the Coast and the experience was so good, I’d love to go back soon. Like New Year’s soon. Here are a few things you’ll need to know if you’re planning on going there. 🙂
Since it’s quite a distance, I would recommend that you drive there or carpool with your friends, whether it’s a personal car or a cab. It’s about a one and a half – two hour drive from the CBD bearing in mind the traffic on Mombasa Road. If you prefer to save your coins and jav, you can get one of the mats that go to Lukenya or Daystar Athi River and ask them to let you know when you get to Small World.
We all stayed in Deluxe rooms, each room having it’s own unique decor. I particularly loved the bathroom, especially the shower. Although I have to be honest and say that I was a bit worried about the bed because it felt harder than what I’m used to but I knocked out like a charm once my body adjusted and had a good night’s sleep. Since the hotel is newly renovated, the rooms felt almost brand new which is a plus.
The hotel staff were really good and hospitable from the moment we checked in. The restaurant staff were also efficient despite the fact that we mostly ordered different things. We were starving in the evening and dinner took quite a while to be served but in the end we overlooked that considering how good the overall service was. 🙂
- Single Deluxe Room: Kes.9,500/-
- Double Deluxe Room: Kes.11,800/-
- Single Executive Room: Kes.13,500/-
- Double Executive Room: Kes.15,000/-
Note: All their rooms are on a bed & breakfast basis 🙂
- Cocktails: They have happy hour every day from 2 – 6pm and I highly recommend the Mudslide cocktail. It slapped!
- Dinner: Considering how long our dinner took, I recommend you give them your dinner order in advance at around 6:30 pm and let them know what time they should expect you for dinner to avoid the wait.
- Check In: Check in as early as possible so that you can make the most of your stay, especially because their check out time is strictly at 11:00 am.
- Food: Guys, their Farmer’s Breakfast is a must try. Not sure if it’s the chef or if I was just hungry but the breakfast was so good, I cleared my plate without struggling. They actually have a farm to table concept because they grow/rear most of the food they serve at the restaurant. How cool is that?
- Game Drives: The hotel organises for game drives at the Lukenya Gateway. This would be perfect if you’re spending more than 1 night so you can at least have an activity on your itinerary.
Wishing you an amazing weekend loves! 🙂